Friday, October 19, 2018

Boo to you! Halloween is coming.....

As we slide further from sweet summertime, there is a definite chill in the air here in the Midwest. I can't help but think about how much this time of year always triggers memories of my children's Halloween fun, as well as that of my own childhood.  

Anticipation of that magical day (and sometimes entire weekend) is still contagious.  In fact, like many parents in our friendly neighborhood, I usually also get into the spirit of fun by wearing wigs or funny hats, along with orange and black clothing to greet all the trick-n-treaters that appear at my door.  On those Halloween days when the weather is drop dead gorgeous, I'll also spend hours outside greeting everyone...and just enjoying all that fun going on around me!  

But now is the time to get ready.  It's time to get that pumpkin, decorate the house....and create some cards for neighbors and friends.



For this project, I have used two of my new stamp images from Impression Obsession to create a card that will appeal to all ages--including all those "special" little pumpkins! 

Here is what you will need:

D7891 Little Witch
C7979 Scary Pumpkin 1
C7980 Scary Pumpkin 2

Clearsnap:
Colorbox®️ Premium Dye ink pads: Banana, Tangerine, Licorice
Colorbox®️Mix’d Media Inx ink pad: Jasmine
Art Dauber

Beacon Adhesives
Zip Dry®️ Paper Glue

Sizzix/Ellison:
Swirls Embossing folder

Here's what to do:

1. Apply both Banana and Tangerine ink to each of the pumpkins. Stamp along the bottom edge of a white cardstock scrap; dry.  
2. Stamp the witch in Licorice, overlapping slightly over the pumpkin(s). Cut angled corners.  3. Dab Licorice around all the edges of both the stamped layer and a purple notecard; dry.
4. Pressure emboss a black cardstock scrap. Lightly dab Jasmine pigment ink over the raised sections; dry. 
5. Attach all the layers to the card using Zip Dry®️ Paper Glue.

I just LOVE it when I can use up scraps from my stash!


No comments: