Monday, February 6, 2017

And live from Phoenix at the Craft & Hobby (CHA) Trade Show!

Ok.  Almost live.  Ok fine....I WAS live at the CHA Creativation show but the show was actually about 2 weeks ago.  I can now report that I have survived all the prep, travel, lack of sleep and over-the-top mind boggling creative energy! And I'm ready to blog about it!

Taking a class at CHA show last year...
Blog about WHAT?  Big deal Gail went to a craft "show" of some sort? Um....no. Let me explain....

For those of you who may not know, I am a professional designer in the Craft & Hobby industry (affectionately referred to as CHA) And after months of prep and hard work, we just had our annual international trade show.  So basically all the creative minds in the industry PLUS all the craft materials under one roof.  Can you even imagine how that would look...or feel?  Just think Michaels, Joann's, Hobby Lobby and all the independent yarn, scrapbook, stamp and general craft stores across the world plus all the vendors in temporary spaces at events like Scrapbook Expo and Rubber Stamp conventions.....place them inside one building....all together...with classes, demos, make-n-takes and sample displays basically everywhere....and you now have a clearer image.

Trust me, it takes a while to unwind and catch up on sleep. Hence, why I am blogging 2 weeks afterwards.

Between meetings and my teaching classes, I am always SO insanely busy at the show, I usually forget to take photos of booths and all the wildly creative samples and products that surround me. And this year was no different. However, I DO remember to take a photo here and there of friends or celebrity moments....like this one with David Tutera....


or moments at an industry event with my designer peers Julie McGuffee and Cathy Filian.....



I will post more photos and insight in the next few days...and, hopefully share photos taken by those who remember to snap away as they experience the creative surroundings!

Stay tuned!






No comments: