Wednesday, May 29, 2019

NEW Rooster Stamps are IN the HOUSE!



One of my favorite stamps and stamp sets from recent releases are the Boho set and the Boho Stamp.  These stamps allow for such a wide variety of combinations and techniques, I literally could NOT put them down when my samples arrived.  Which means I literally stamped a zillion papers in my creative experimentation with them.  So, when my new summer release samples arrived, I took one look at my solid silhouette roosters and knew EXACTLY where I was going to head!

I grabbed a sample from all my previous Boho experimenting and the rest just....happened!

And oh my....this card was such a simple quick process.  That's why it really pays to make lots of extra background paper designs when you are "in the magic mojo moment".  You never know when you will need one!

This sample shown below was done on a printed text page from an old hardcover book.  It was stamped using a variety of Clearsnap Archival ink colors and sponged with a quick drying pigment ink.  Since it had been allowed to dry for weeks, it was all ready to use when I found it in my stash!



To create my rooster card,  I stamped  Rooster 1 and Rooster 2 using Clearsnap's Top Boss embossing ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  Doesn't really get simpler than that!



Then I hand tore around edges.....




....and attached the stamped/embossed layer to an off-white cardstock layer using Beacon Adhesives' Zip Dry Paper Glue.  Finally, I attached everything to a tan notecard and grunged the notecard edges with Clearsnap's Art Dauber and Wicked Black Archival Ink.

That's it.

Easy peasy!






No comments: