Etching a slate tile can be as easy as stamping, heat embossing and applying etchall Etching Creme!
Create a beautiful grunge etched butterfly magnet using a 2" slate tile and this pretty butterfly rubber stamp!
You will need:
etchall Etching Creme
etchall Applicator Spatula
1 slate tile
C7782 Butterfly 3 (Impression Obsession)
Top Boss clear embossing ink (Clearsnap)
Clear Embossing powder
Also have ready:
Bowl of clean water
Paper Towels or other clean towel
1. Clean your slate tile with dishwashing liquid; rinse and dry.
2. Stamp your butterfly on the tile. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the stamped image; tap off excess.
3. Heat with a heat gun.
NOTE: Be patient. It takes longer for the embossing powder to melt on this surface.
4. Using the applicator spatula, generously apply etchall Etching Creme over the top of the slate tile.
5. Set a timer for 15 minutes. When the time is up, gently scrape off the etchall Etching Creme from the tile and place it back into the bottle. It is reusable!
6. Put the gloves on and submerge in the water to gently rinse any remaining etchall Etching Creme remaining on the tile. NOTE how the tile color is now grey instead of black! That is because the etchall Etching Creme etched the slate!
7. Remove the gloves and gently scrape the embossed outline off the slate tile. The butterfly image will remain because it was not etched! How cool is this??!!
8. Attach a magnetic backing to your tile and use as a magnet! OR...attach a jewelry finding to crate a pin....use as part of a mixed media project...or create several different tiles. Let your imagination fly!