Monday, February 23, 2015

Guide to Being a Crafty Grandma

When my kids were young and money was tight, I would make all kinds of fun toys and games with odds and ends of materials we had around the house. I made my daughter's first soft doll (the only doll she has to this very day) ...a special pillow with the face of the man-in-the-moon to help my son drift off to sleep. Pretty much everything my kids treasured were made from my heart instead of bought in stores.

That's what makes crafting special.  When we take the time to make a one-of-kind something for someone, it can mean more than just buying one of a thousand identical items made by a stranger and a machine.

And that's what my little grandson will experience.

I made his first craft item yesterday while I was visiting.  It is probably now his favorite.  I'm basing that on how much it entertained this 14 month old with the attention span of a gnat . He played with it with me for  over an hour...

More tomorrow on what it was...


Leave a comment if you feel so inclined...

No comments: