Friday, July 21, 2017

Summer IS my Inspiration!

I can honestly say I'm not a fan of winter.  During most of the dark, colorless weeks, my creative work becomes a cozy blanket filing my life with color when snow and cold prevents me from even wanting to go outside most day  But summer is different.  Summer is FILLED with LIFE--and it fills my senses to overflowing!


Windows open wide, I love listening to birds singing, motorcycles rumbling and the sounds of children laughing. The colors of nature...and just the warmth of the sun on my face is truly intoxicating. These gorgeous summer skies and gentle breezes tempt me daily to close my eyes to deadlines and just escape outside to soak it all in!   And...it is especially difficult to stay focused indoors here in Chicagoland when temps hover in the low to mid 80s and humidity is moist enough to soothe but not be uncomfortable.


But all of that sensory information also serves to inspire.  Despite the distractions just outside my window, my creative soul just can't stay quiet and I continue to draw, create projects, write articles and tutorials...and meet my deadlines.

My most recent articles and tutorials on the Favecrafts site are on decoupage....which is one of my crafting favorites!  I will be featuring a a different decoupage tutorial on each of the next few posts so please bookmark my site so you can see them all!


First up is an exciting "How To" Decoupage Guide"  that is jam-packed with information!  In this guide you will learn how to successfully decoupage on glass and other hard surfaces, as well as see lots of examples to get YOUR creative juices flowing!


Leave me a comment and let me know how you love to spend summer!

No comments: